Monday, August 18, 2014

Throw-n-Thunder After Action Review

If you read my fishing report from Lake Fayette on 8-15-2014 you will know that my primary goal was to test out spinnerbaits from Throw-n-Thunder Lures.  Sometimes heading out to the lake with new baits is something I dread.  Then there are times like last Friday when I'm really excited to be testing out these new spinnerbaits.   I did know going in that the middle of August in Texas is not the perfect time to be testing spinnerbaits, but I also knew that if they caught bass this time of the year, they would be unstoppable in spring and fall.  Well folks they caught bass, plain and simple and I didn't have to work hard at catching them either.

I was worried when I neared my favorite point on Lake Fayette as there was a boat on the point and another one right behind the first.   That means I'd be fishing thirds so to speak.  I couldn't tell what the first boat was fishing but the second boat was throwing lipless cranks. After I got there I didn't see either boat land a fish, and I know for a fact the boat nearest me never caught one bass.  Here is a picture of that boat (in the yellow circle) with me landing one of the fish I caught on a TNT spinnerbait (The camera makes the boat look further away than they really are).
 After I landed this bass; I heard one of the guys say come on lets go somewhere else as I can't watch that guy (Me) catch anymore bass.  That gave me a smile, but also proved to me that they hadn't caught any fish on the point.  Plus I followed them and caught three pretty fast on the TNT Table Rock Shad.
All the bass I caught on this bait were in the 2-3 pound range.  No 2-3 pounders are not big by "Texas Standards" but it was August with a water temp of 92 degree.  Any fish caught this time of year with water that hot is a good fish and anything over 2 pounds is excellent in my book.

Now I went over a lot of the technical details about these baits in my initial reviews that you can find at this link Serious Spinnerbaits and so I won't rewrite all that here.  However I do have to point out that the Titanium wire used by TNT is in my opinion "Totally Awesome".   The flex it has did as I thought it would and aid to the action of the bait.  The fish pictured above actually straightened out the wire and I was easily able to bend it back in place with just my hands and the bait ran true first cast.

The last thing I want to mention is the custom paint job.  This is a work of art if ever I saw any in my life.  You just don't get this kind of detail when buying spinnerbaits these day even from the big name companies!!  TNT has out done themselves and I need to point that out to all of you.  Here is a close up of the head of the bait; just look at how real that eye looks!
So the bottom line here folks is that if you want quality spinnerbaits with features that aren't found in other spinnerbaits on the market today, then your only choice is to to hear the Thunder and go with  Throw-n-Thunder Lures!!!

Until next time, Tight Lines and Take a Kid Fishing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks that was very helpful. I love fishing spinner baits and will be looking at getting some of these in the future.

Unknown said...

You're welcome and you can't go wrong with a TNT spinnerbait!!!