Saturday, August 16, 2014

Lake Fayette Report 8-15-2014

Even though it is the middle of August with water a temperature of 92 degree you can still catch some bass if you want to head out to Lake Fayette.  I do recommend going early and fishing the shady points with grass on them.  A wide range of baits will likely work for you as well if worked right along the grass.
 

Yesterday I was really testing out a spinnerbait from Throw-n-Thunder bait company www.thrownthunderlures.com and it caught fish.  Spinnerbaits are not normally a good choice of baits in the middle of August but this one will put fish in the boat.  I was working it slow and letting the bait swim through the holes in the grass.  This 4-blade bait really triggers some strikes as it looks like a school of bait fish swimming in the water. For more on these baits check out my review at bhoadventures.blogspot.com/2014/08/serious-spinnerbaits.html
Now to tip the spinnerbait and also add some action I added an XZone Lures Swammer  www.xzonelures.com.  I've been very impressed with the plastic baits being produced by XZone and using them more and more.  They have some initiative style of plastic baits that generate strikes by themselves or when combined with other baits.
After working the point good with the spinnerbait I switched to one of my favorite baits, the Santone Lures Rayburn Swim Jig.  In my opinion Santone Lures www.santonelures.com is producing the absolute best line of jigs and jig heads on the market today and I always have a box full of them.  I also added an XZone Swammer as the trailer and let me tell you this is a killer combo.  I can't wait for August to be over cause I will kill the bass on the Rayburn Swim Jig and Swammer combo.

I did have the ole GoPro running yesterday and though the video itself is pretty good, I did forget to turn on the power to a new Mic I was trying out.  So there isn't any audio on the video which is a shame as I really had some good tips I was sharing while catching bass.  I'll get a better video on my next trip for you to watch and hopefully learn a few things.  I'll attach the video here for you to watch if you like.


Until next time, Tight Lines and Take a Kid Fishing!!!




No comments: