Monday, August 4, 2014

Awesome Weekend

Saturday we had my granddaughter's first birthday party.  She actually turned one on the 1st but Saturday was a great day to get all the family together for her party.  Of course being the PaPa I am I couldn't get her anything other than her first fishing rod and stuffed tackle box.


Of course after all the presents were unwrapped and the birthday cake had been eaten PaPa had to show Miss Olivia how her new fishing rod worked.

 

Then on Sunday afternoon my Son brought Miss Olivia over and we loaded up and went on her first fishing trip.  I think she had fun and was starting to get the hang of it.  I know Daddy and PaPa had a blast trying to teach her how to fish.  She did learn to say Bobber and also what it was and that she had to watch it.  We even helped her catch a few fish in the process!!!



Kids are our future and teach them how to fish is as wonderful for you as it is for them.  Helping my granddaughter brought back all the memories of teaching my son and daughter when they were that age.  Now at 30 and 28 years old they still go fishing with Dad and nothing in this world makes me happier.

Until next time, Tight Lines and Take a Kid Fishing!!!

No comments: