Thursday, August 7, 2014

Serious Spinnerbaits!!!

When I arrived home today there was a box waiting with the Throw-n-Thunder spinnerbaits I plan on testing out.  Let me tell you it only took one look at these beauties to see they were Serious Spinnerbaits meant to catch big bass.  Before I go into my full review of these baits I want to take a little time to tell you about Throw-n-Thunder Lure Company.

First off they are made in the USA and after talking with them they are very proud of this fact and they also believe that quality products are essential to every business.  They use 70% titanium wiring on their spinnerbaits to ensure that they are flexible and will last much longer than most others on the market.  Titanium wiring is different from most spinnerbaits on the market today and makes them extremely flexible.  What does that mean to you and I?  Well it means if they get bent it is easier to bend them back and tune them to run straight again. We have all had our baits bent by bass or getting hung up and in some cases they never work again.  This shouldn't be the case with TNT spinnerbaits.  The other thing the flexibility adds to the bait is more vibration and with more vibration you should get more strikes if you are putting the bait where bass live.  They also use quality Mustad hooks as they are one of the very best hooks on the market and TNT want to pass along to their customers the very best product they can.


Now that you have some background information on the company lets take a look at their baits.  First up is an awesome double bladed Buzz Bait.

As you can see from the picture this bait looks awesome.  What I find is that it is designed very well and in my opinion perfect.  One thing about buzz bait that a lot of folks and companies don't know is that the blades need to be well forward of the head and the hook.  In this case TNT it a perfect bullseye.  Also you don't want your blades too high above the head and the hook again a bullseye for TNT.  If the noise from the double blades don't make enough splashing and clanking to call big momma bass up to eat, I can say I don't know what will.  

Next we have 3 of the most unique 4 bladed spinnerbaits I've ever seen. They are all the same except for their colors.

These are custom hand painted beauties that pictures just won't do justice.  The custom painting is the first thing I noticed on both the head and the blades.  You just don't get that kind of workmanship in the normal spinnerbaits on the market, not even from the big companies!!!

I did have one initial concern when I opened the box and that is the top blade is situated behind the hook.  In a lot of cases this will cause you to get short strikes as the bass is hitting at the blade and not the hook/head.  However it might not be the case with these baits.  Because of their 4 blade design the wire is longer than on normal spinnerbaits and the top blade is higher away from the hook.  We will see when I get them on the water.


The flexibility of the wire is going to come into play when fishing around heavy cover.  As the wire arm hits the cover it should flex and give the bait exceptional action.  This should be true even fishing grass and lighter cover as well.  The same flex that give the bait added action will also assist in keeping the bait from getting hung up as when it flexes back it should push the hook away from the cover.

I find that all the components used in the making of these baits are of the highest quality and that speaks volumes for TNT as a company.  To say the least I was pleasantly surprised by what I've found and extremely excited to get these babies to the water and see what the bass think.

So the bottom line here is from my initial thoughts and opinions TNT is Dynamite!!!

Until next time, Tight Lines and Take a Kid Fishing.

No comments: