Sunday, November 16, 2014

Upcoming Reviews

I've got a couple of new and exciting products that I'll be taking to the Bayou and testing to see if they do everything they are suppose to do.  Like I've said before about 50% of the products out there are really meant to catch fishermen and not fish so that is why I do these reviews.  Now really I only fish with and review products that I feel will hold up on their end of the bargain.  If I don't think a product will help me catch fish, then it is likely you won't see me review that item unless someone makes a special request.

Now the first product that I'll be testing is from the old tried and trued Creme Lure company.  They have been in business for a very long time and also helping fishermen like myself catch fish all that time.  My first really big bass came on a Creme plastic worm so they have always been one of my favorite lure companies.  Now that they are based right here in the Lone Star State is an added bonus as by now you should know I support Texas companies as much as possible.  Creme may have out done themselves with this new product called the Reel Scremer.  It is a swimbait, but it has a very new look and feel to it. 

They are thinner than most swimbaits and have ribs running length wise down the body.  It appears like they are going to have some excellent action.  They currently come in 9 colors and they are some dandy colors as you can see (I only have 8 of the 9 colors).  Creme recommends some methods of fishing these baits but I'm going to go to another Texas Company for the method I'll be using.  That company is Santone Lures and the method will be HT's S3 swimbait heads.


The S3 heads just plain and simply take swimbait fishing to the next level.  They allow you to present swimbaits in multiple different ways which give the swimbait action that bass can not refuse.  If you have never seen the S3 in action then you need to take a couple minutes and watch the video I've attached below.

The bottom line here is that the Creme Lures Reel Scremer paired with the Santone Lures HT's S3 might just be one of those matches made in bass heaven.  Time will tell and once I'm able to put them to the test I'll will write up a full review for you fine folks.

Now the next product is from Rage Fish Attractants and yes it is a fish attractant.  I know some of you will quickly say none of those types of products work.  Well I'll have to agree somewhat with you on that thought.  From my personal experience I will say I've never used a product that I thought actually attracted fish, but I have used some that I felt covered up my scent on the baits.  I do know that things like Sun Block, Gas and Oil on your hands will transfer to you baits and will keep the fish from biting.  I've seen it happen first hand, so if some scents will run bass off then why can't some scents attract bass?  I believe it is possible, though I've not found one up to this point.  Now I do believe in spraying or dipping my baits in a Garlic Scent to cover my smell or anything else on my hands that might cause a bass not to bite.

The product I'll be testing is the Liquid Mayhem and I'll be testing two flavors.  The first is the Bass Attractant which is said to be made from real Crawfish.  Now I know bass love crawfish so if this stuff is made from real crawfish the worse it could do would be cause a bass to hold onto the bait longer which would be a big plus.   Now if the bass smell or sense the crawfish and it causes them to eat your bait, then that is a real added bonus.  So I'll be fishing this scent on baits that are supposed to resemble crawfish or in other words Jigs.

The second flavor I've selected is their Walleye Attractant.  Why you might ask did I pick that flavor for fishing the Southeast Texas Bayous?  The answer is simple, it is made from really minnows and has Garlic added.  As I stated above I'm a real believer in garlic scents to cover anything that might transfer to baits from my hands.  So selecting this attractant was based on it having garlic.  Again as with the Bass Attractant, if this flavor covers the bad scents and gets the bass to hold the bait longer it is a win, win situation.  If it does in fact attract strikes then that will be an added bonus.

Only time spent on the water will tell if these new product will hold up to my expectation.  As always I'll fish them hard and long to give them a good chance to prove or disprove their claims but I am a little excited by their prospects. 

If you want to get more information on any of these products then you can follow the links I've provided below.

Until next time, Tight Lines and Take a Kid Fishing!!!

No comments: