Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Thunder Strikes Again!!

Folks I was so excited about my new spinnerbait rod and it's review in my last article that I forgot to mention the baits I used.  Of course you can likely guess if you watched the video but I wanted to make sure y'all know and also tell you where to get your hands on some.  These days I'm only fishing with one brand of spinnerbaits and those are Throw-n-Thunder Lures spinnerbaits.

On Monday when I hit Halls Bayou I threw two of their newer colors and let me tell you they are awesome.  I caught fish on both of them and had the conditions been better who knows how many and how big of Bass I would have caught.  I mean in worst possible conditions to be fishing spinnerbaits I was able to catch fish and I'm talking a good enough stinger to have placed high had it been during a tournament.  That in itself should speak volumes about these baits.  I've said once and I'll say it again, you really are Throw-n-Thunder when you are fishing them!!!

So what were these new colors?  Well the first one was the White-Blue Shad and as I thought the bass hammered it.  The bass in the bayou this time of year are mostly feeding on shad and this color really does mimic their colors a lot.  With it's awesome 4 or Quad Blade setup it looks like a school of shad and really rings that dinner bell for any bass that see it come by.  Even in poor conditions I picked up a couple of bass on this beauty!!


I would have likely caught more on the White-Blue Shad had I continued to fish it, but I was testing some new colors so I had to throw the new Rumble Bee with the painted blades.   I have to say the moment I saw the painted blades on this Rumble Bee I knew the bass were in deep trouble.  This bait was just meant to attract the bass and that is exactly what it did for me.  As the conditions tended to improve further in the day the Rumble Bee really light them up.  I just wish I would have had a bigger memory card for my camera (only the list of things to get) so I could have captured all the action.  If you watched the video you saw me lose that one big fish.  I wish I would have had the camera pointed in the other direction so you could have seen her and wouldn't have to go on my word that she was 5+ pounds.


Now I bet you are thinking "Those painted blades won't attract the bass as good as those flashy nickle or gold blades".  Well friends I'll have to tell you that these painted blades create even more flash than those that shine.  At least they do in the water conditions on the bayou and Lake Fayette.  The fact is I'm sold on painted blades right now, but that doesn't mean I won't keep some of the TNTs with nickle or gold blades in my box.

The bottom line here is Throw-n-Thunder Lures in my opinion is producing the finest spinnerbaits on the market today!  As I said in my last article, I only fish with what I think is the very best, so that means I only fish Throw-n-Thunder.  Follow the links I provided here and get yourself some of these and Throw some Thunder on your next day on the water, you won't regret it!!

Until next time, Tight Lines and Take a Kid Fishing!!!

No comments: