Saturday, November 29, 2014

The Holy Grail

Ever since I was a teenager and watched Roland Martin catching those giants out of Lake Okeechobee I have considered the Big O to be the Holy Grail of Bass Fishing.  I'm sure there are a lot of other Bass fishermen that feel the same way around the country and dream of a chance to cast a line into the waters of the Big O.  That dream is about to come true for me and I couldn't be more excited.  Thanks to a great bass fisherman in his own rights Tim Zdrazil who will be making the trip to the Big O to pre-fish for a tournament and letting me tag along.  So folks dreams do come true if you wait on them and don't give up. It was my luck that work has me in Florida to support the launch of Exploration Flight Test One or EFT-1.  This is the first test flight of NASA's Orion spacecraft scheduled to launch on December 4th.  I had some software I built that needed to be loaded on the spacecraft prior to launch.  That upload happened late yesterday evening and was very successful which took a big weight off my shoulders and is allowing me to now focus on the Holy Grail.

The only bad news in all this is I had to leave Texas before the new prototype of the Throw-n-Thunder Lures BHOA Special or Coleslaw that I helped in designing arrived.  It is a killer new color that really takes care of the bass in the Southeast Texas Bayous and I'd bet that if I could have debut it on the Big O it would have taken a giant.  Here is a picture of the prototype, isn't it awesome?

Even though I won't have the BHOA Special I will be armed with a full set of TNT Spinnerbaits and I can almost bet that the Rumble Bee with painted blades  or Table Rock Shad will call in one of those Okeechobee Big Girls.

Y'all should know by now that I'm a jig fisherman big time.  Like the American Express saying goes, I don't leave home without my Santone Lures Jigs.   I'll be carrying both the Rayburn Swim Jigs and Rattin' Jigs and  I know that the Big O giants won't be able to turn down these offering.

I have yet to find bass that I couldn't catch on either my TNT Spinnerbaits or my Santone Lure Jigs.  I just wish I could have brought along my new Dunamis Rods along on the trip and I know that I'm going to miss them!!  I do however have some of the Rage Fish Attractants Liquid Mayhem in both the Crawfish and Shad Garlic favors to aid in my quest for a Big O Giant.   With these fine baits and fish attractants I'm set; the rest is up to me to do my job making good casts, working my baits well and setting the hook.  So stay tuned to this Bass Fishing Channel as there will be a full report coming and hopefully it will have an awesome video to accompany the report.

Until next time, Tight Lines and Take a Kid Fishing!!!

No comments: