Sunday, July 13, 2014

Lake Fayette Report


Folks I hate to say I told you so, but I did!!!  The combination of the Santone Lures Rattlin' Jigs and the Fish Magnet Baits trailers were really the ticket today on Lake Fayette.  We even pulled fish from spots that had been fished by sometime 3 and 4 boats and only saw them catch a few.  All toll I ended up with 10-12 solid bass and my son-in-law ended up with 9-10.   Here are a few pictures of the fish.



The bass were in the grass early and Brett (son-in-law) got an early jump on me using a Rattle Trap, but I did get a couple on a Santone Texas Finesse Jig tipped with a Zoom Trick worm.  Later we hit the standing timber and though Brett again drew first blood, the Santone Rattlin' Jig and Fish Magnet Baits trailer proved to be the bait the fish wanted.

The bass were actually suspended in the timber and they were hitting the jig as you worked up fast over a branch or as it fell over the branch.  It was an odd manner of working a jig that I actually found by accident, but hey it kept working.  I even had a 4lber follow one up and hammer it next to the boat at the end of a cast.

I caught solid fish on all three colors of the Santone jigs; Watermelon Red Flake/Chartreuse, Pumpkin Seed/Chartreuse and also June Bug/Chartreuse.  I used two different colors of the Fish Magnet Baits Trailers, Watermelon Red Flake with Chartreuse Craws and Pumpkin Seed with Chartreuse Craws.

The Santone Texas Finesse Jig was in Texas Crawl and the Zoom Trick worm was Watermelon Red Flake with a Chartreuse Tail.

The Ardent Football Jig/Worm rod is now my favorite rod.  I caught all but 2 of my bass on it and it out performed those high dollar Asian made rods HANDS DOWN!!!

The Vicious Fishing Pro Elite Fluorocarbon performed very well but I want to get a couple of trips in on it to see how it lasts before I make my final judgement.

Tight Lines everyone and Take a Kid Fishing!!!! 

No comments: