Saturday, July 26, 2014

Great Morning at Fayette

My son and I had a great morning at Lake Fayette!!!  If the whole day would have been like the first hour we wouldn't be able to hold our arms up from catching so many fish.  The fish were on the point I thought they would and we started catching them almost immediately.  My son was throwing the Santon Texas Finesse jig with the XZone Slammer trailer and I was using the Shaky-Drop with two Slammers.  The video is currently uploading to YouTube so I'll post it once it is ready.  Since I have video of this trip I'm not going to post any more details here now.

After the first hour the wind kicked up so bad that it was almost impossible to fish.  We tried for a few more hours in a few different spots but no more fish.  We gave up when the trolling motor battery started to die.  It had gotten a work out like never before trying to hold the boat in the wind today.  We even gave up once and put an anchor but it also had a hard time holding the boat due to the strong winds.

So keep any eye out for when I post the video and until next time Tight Lines and Take a Kid Fishing!!

No comments: