Sunday, February 15, 2015

Throw N Thunder: Down To The Wire

About six months ago, I was standing on the back of a boat with an local angler, fishing grass flats for bass, here in Colorado.  The spinnerbait bite was on, and we were having a blast.  I had destroyed three of the baits I had brought with me, and the day was not even half over.  As my anxiety level began to grow about my apparent lack of preparation, there was a jingle at me feet, and my boater was grinning.  He had tossed over a new spinnerbait, and instructed me to give it a try. He said it was a "hand-me-down" given to him in a similar situation.  He then went on to explain how he had since caught numbers of fish on it with no problems at all. I thought to myself, being the third "owner" of this bait, that perhaps this ole boy might be a bit of an exaggerator. I know, hard to believe in this industry. However, after another five hours and countless fish later, there I was with this spinnerbait still tied on, still catching fish. I was intrigued.  I had to know more.  After a little bit of research and a lot of pulling teeth, I discovered that this particular spinnerbait was manufactured in Indiana by a company called Throw N Thunder Lure Company.  It was then that I was finally introduced to a tackle company "gets it."

I am one of those people that will go to lengths to learn more when something catches my eye, so naturally, bugging Throw N Thunder was not something that was out of the question for me. Actually, it was the first thing I did. Scott and Russ Dorsey.  Legends in my book.  Fantastic angers, amazing Spinnerbait manufacturers, and apparently very, very sociable people.  They have a gamut of people full of knowledge all over the country full of great info and die hard loyalty to their brand.  For good reason I'd soon find out!  From our first phone conversation, I knew I was on to something special.  In speaking with Scott about their products, I discovered that not only are they great at what they do, but they have  method and a vision driving their success; QUALITY.  From the way they make their baits, to the materials in which they use, all the way down to their willingness to help each and every individual customer.  These are three qualities that are hard to find from my experience, let alone within the same establishment.

Russ Dorsey started making these baits for himself and friends a long time ago.  With his elite building abilities, naturally, the demand grew beyond a hobby.  Scott Dorsey, came on a while later to help with production, innovation, an to help with the marketing and PR aspects of the business.  Hiding in the background of this company, is what I would call a "mafia" of skilled, talented and VERY charismatic characters contributing to its success.

Throw N Thunder stakes its name on its materials.  They use only the best tune-able titanium wire, literally the backbone of these baits.  The flexibility, pliability, and durability of the wire is what sets them WAY apart from the rest of the industry. They go on to use the highest quality silicone skirts.  Double ball bearing swivels, and the industry's finest hooks; Mustad.  These baits are hand painted or air brushed, then clear coated for the prettiest, most effective and durable presentations. When all is said and done, there can be nothing less than a happy customer at the other end of the deal.

I would strongly encourage you to check them out.  One day on the water with Throw N Thunder's products will forever raise your expectations out of a spinnerbait.  To check them out here are some quick links.

Website - http://www.thrownthunderlures.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/thrownthunder 
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/Thrown-Thunder-Lure-Company

I choose Throw N Thunder because when the money is on the line, it simply comes "down to the wire."  See you on the water!

David Hume

@humeprobass

facebook.com/david.hume.9828


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome!

Unknown said...

Thanks you!! David is a great writer and fisherman. We are proud to have him as a contributor on your blog!!

Unknown said...

I'll back everything up you said. I have many of their lures and love them. I agree 100%
#WhoDatFishin

bassfisher3k said...

Great job brother!