Saturday, February 14, 2015

Halls Bayou 2-14-2015

I was able to slip off this morning to do a little fishing on Halls Bayou as a prep for next weekend's tournament.  I only fished about 3 hours but was able to find out what I wanted to know.  I didn't fish any area hard as I want those fish to bite next weekend.   The water is still a little on the muddy side but improving.  There are areas that are better than others but I'm not going to put that here so maybe one of my spots will be open next weekend.  The water temps were between 58 and 62 depending on the area, but those are prime temps for good fishing.

The first area I hit was one that I'd been getting a pretty good swim jig bite and didn't take too many casts before it was fish on.  No big girls but some good keepers were hammering the ole Santone Lures Rayburn Swim Jig with a Creme Lures Reel Scremer as the trailer. I was also adding some Rage Fish Attractants Liquid Mayhem in the Garlic Minnow favor. I didn't fish here long and moved off to my second spot.


At the second and third spots I found bass also and they were hammering Creme Lures Scoundrel Worms fished on Santone Lures Football Piglet shaky heads.  Of course I was also putting on some Rage Fish Attractants Liquid Mayhem in the Garlic Minnow favor. 

 One thing for sure if you put Liquid Mayhem on your bait you don't have to worry about short strikes or hit and spits.  The bass try to take your bait down all the way on the first grab!!


Not only were the bass loving the Scoundrel, Piglet and Liquid Mayhem as the Redfish also decided to play today as well.  Let me tell you if you want a good fight then hook up with a Red on a Finesse Rig with 6lb Test Line, it is a blast and takes a while to get them to the boat.


For now I'm liking what I've found but there is a chance of rain the first part of next week that might factor into the tournament.  With the water clearing nicely we really don't need anymore rain.  The ground in the area can't hold any more water so it is all going to run off and muddy up the bayous again even worse than they are now.  I've got my fingers crossed we don't get any more rain and my patterns hold for next weekend.  When I make the tournament report I'll put in more detail than I have here.  Don't want to give away too many of my secrets before the tournament.

Until next time, Tight Lines and Take a Kid Fishing!!!

No comments: