Sunday, February 15, 2015

Introducing the Ascension

As you may know I'm on the Pro Staff for Dunamis Rods and if you have read any of my articles or seen any of my videos you will know I absolutely love these rods.  You see a while back I needed a spinner bait rod as I'd tried a few of the name brand spinner bait rods on the market without success.  No matter which brand I tried I had the same results which was losing 50% of the bass that I had hit.  I couldn't for the life of me figure out exactly what was happening and needed help badly.  So I decided to take a chance on a little known custom rod company called Dunamis Rods.  I contacted them on Twitter to start with but was soon talking with the man himself.  I knew Josh was my kind of guy after talking with him for a short time as he is just a real down to earth good ole boy that couldn't lie if his life depended on it.  After this short chat we got got down to the nitty gritty on my spinner bait problem and I hoped the rod that would solve those problems.  Josh asked me questions that I would have never thought of about my style of fishing.  He also asked exactly what was happening when I was fishing a spinner bait.  After I had answered these questions Josh knew what was wrong and also knew how to fix my problem.  The only thing that was left was to tell him how I wanted my rod to look.  My Dunamis Spinner Bait rod arrived about a month later and it was pretty, I mean stone cold pretty, but looks are only one thing.   The next fishing trip was going to be an all day trip throwing spinner baits and testing this new rod.  Well the rod passed the test with flying colors as I caught a ton of bass on a spinner bait and only lost one.  The one I lost really wasn't the new rods fault either as the trailer folded back and covered the hook on me.  From that day on I was a Dunamis man!!!  Shortly after I became a member of the Team Dunamis Pro Staff and haven't looked back.

Now this article isn't about how I fell in love with Dunamis Rods and became a member of their Pro Staff.  I did have to tell that part of the story so you understand why I have full trust in the Rods that are built by Josh at Dunamis Rods.   This article is really about a new idea that Josh has come up with and I mean to tell you this idea really has this ole bass fisherman very excited.  What if I told you you could get a custom rod at the price of one of those big name rods at the big tackle shops?  Interested, I sure hope so as the new Ascension rods from Dunamis is going to be a household word in the fishing world really soon!  Now there is a little bit of a catch to the Ascension as it isn't a fully custom rod.  You don't get the choices of any fancy stuff with these rod, but what you do get is a state of the art rod built with the very best components and made right here in the good ole U.S. of A!  You do get to select is your choice of spinning or casting rods, and you can so pick between a white or gunmetal rod blank and foam or cork grips.  You also get to select the length, rod action and tip speed of the rod.  So basically you are going a custom rod below the cost of a custom rod.  I even bet that if you have question on the action and tip speed that is right for the type of fishing you will be doing, ole Josh would be more than happy to help.

Yes I'm on the Dunamis Pro Staff and can fish any rod they build, but I'm going to be fishing an Ascension.  In fact my Ascension Finesse Spinning rod is on the way as we speak and I'll be fishing it in a tournament next weekend.  That alone should say something about how I truly feel about these new rods and how much I trust Dunamis.  I'm going to be taking a new rod a prototype none the less and using it during a tournament without ever fishing it before.  Yes I trust them that much!!

My Ascension Spinning Rod Prototype



Those high end rods at those big tackle stores are going to cost you $150.00 to $200.00 and in a lot of cases even more.  Then you don't get much of a choice in selection, heck most of them don't even tell what action and tip speed of the rod you are buying.  All they say is "Worm Rod" or "Jig Rod" and they were designed and built on specifications from someone else and you had absolutely no say in the matter.  Now what if I told you for the same money you could own a Dunamis Ascension?  That's right they only cost you  $179.00 and that is a hand made one at a time rod.  That is not all either as all Ascension Rods come with the same Life Time Guarantee of all Dunamis Rods.  The Ascension is a tournament quality rod that you will be proud to fish and show off to your fishing buddies.  Really folks the bottom line here is you will be getting a much better rod, a rod that you get to select, that will have a life time guarantee, plus it will be Made in the USA.  This is all for the same money as you would spend for a rod at those big tackle stores that is made somewhere in Asia and has little or no guarantee once you walk out the door.  For me that is an easy choice to make; Dunamis Ascension all the way!!

Until next time, Tight Lines and Take a Kid Fishing!!!

No comments: