Monday, February 23, 2015

The Scoundrel

If you have never heard of the Scoundrel Worms from Creme Lure Company then I have to ask where have you been?  The reason I ask this is because the Scoundrel has been around since 1949 and was the true original plastic worm.  Yes that's right it was the one that got the plastic worm crazes started.  You know after more than 65 years the Scoundrel is still around and hasn't changed, well maybe it comes in more colors than it did back in 1949 but other than that little has changed.  Why has the Scoundrel stayed around so long you shouldn't have to ask as there is just one real reason; the Scoundrel still catches bass.  Yes a design from 1949 is still catching bass just as good as it did 65 years ago.

I can tell you right now that Scoundrels are my go-to finesse worm, but you can fish them in just about any manner and they will produce a surprising number of hits.  Why are these worms still so affective one might ask?  The answer is simple; Scoundrels don't have salt added and they float like no other worm.  This makes them stand up or float no matter how you rig them.  It gives them a more nature appearance than those salted down worms that hit the bottom and look dead.  Bass just don't like dead, they might like injured, but they don't like dead!! Now I do have to warn you that the Scoundrels are made from a tougher plastic than most other baits.  This can cause you problems when fishing a shaky head or similar rig using lighter action rods.  I know I had that issue myself but I've move to a little stiffer rod when fishing shaky heads.  You can still fish them with no issues on your lighter tackle on a drop shot rig.  Being made of a tougher plastic is also a good thing as they don't tear and get ruined after one fish either!!

I mentioned that the Scoundrels come in more colors today and that means they come in just about every color you can think of getting.  Heck I only own about half the colors they come in and that fills up 3 boxes.

To see all the colors check out the Creme website at this link Creme Lure Company.  Even though I have almost half the colors there are a few that are my very favorites for the areas I fish in Texas.  If I had to pick just one color to fish it would have to be the Watermelon/Chartreuse, but luckily neither you nor I are bound to just one color.  However here are some of my favorite for both the Bayous and Lakes that I fish here in Texas.

Now I'm going to recommend you give the Scoundrels a try and no it is not because I'm on the Creme Lure Company Pro Staff.  One thing you need to know is Creme didn't ask me to be on their Staff, I asked them for that honor.  You also need to know that I'm not getting paid to promote their products, sure I get some benefits but I don't receive anything free.  You also need to understand that I only use and promote products that I believe in and help me catch more bass, period!!  So when I recommend you give this 65 year old worm a try it is because I'm using them and I'm catching a lot of bass on them.

Until next time, Tight Lines and Take a Kid Fishing!!!




No comments: