Wednesday, December 24, 2014

ThunderSlaw - The Real Deal!

I did make it out to Lake Fayette to field test the ThunderSlaw from Throw-n-Thunder Lures and the Reel Scremers from Creme Lures on Monday 12/22/2014.  Let me tell you the conditions couldn't have been much worse than what I had out there but I'm going to let the attached video speak for the conditions.


Here are my thoughts on the baits I tested.  Even though two of them didn't catch any fish there are some very good aspects to both of them that I would like to point out.  Also that I do plan on doing more testing on both of them.

ThunderSlaw:

Folks the ThunderSlaw is the real deal hands down!!!  Yes I'm a little biased when it comes to this bait as it is the Bounty Hunter Outdoor Adventures Signature spinnerbait but there is more to it than just having our name attached to the bait.  It really does catch fish and as you saw in the video it catches fish in the worst possible conditions!!!

When I was discussing the development of this bait with the guys at Throw-n-Thunder Lures I knew it was a fish catching color scheme.  Now what the guys at TnT did with my idea is truly amazing.  The skirt design allows you to fish this bait without a trailer of any kind as the skirt itself has just unbelievable fish attracting action.  I'm a total believer in this bait and will throw it in any conditions!!  Why am I so confident in the bait you might ask;  the answer is simple it catches fish.  Monday was actually the second time I fished the bait.  The first was in a Team Tournament on 12/13/2014 that I had to fish without a teammate due to a late cancellation.

Well the ThunderSlaw did it's job and then some during the tournament.  Even by myself without a teammate I finished 8th and that would have been higher had my bass landing skill been better.  In other words I had 3 good bass next to the boat on the ThunderSlaw that I just couldn't get in the boat without a net and of course the net just wasn't within reach, and of course all 3 of them found a way to free themselves from the hook.

So folks please take my advice and get you some ThunderSlaws as soon as they are available for sale in the spring of 2015.  I guarantee these baits will catch you some bass or I wouldn't have let the Bounty Hunter Outdoor Adventures name be associated with them.

Reel Scremers:

The Reel Scremers from Creme Lures is an awesome looking swim bait that have very good action.  Again this is a bait that I feel will be very affective under the right conditions.  It is also a bait that can be fished using multiple methods.  However Monday just didn't allow me to fish this bait in a way it needed to be fished.  The high winds just wouldn't allow me to stay in contact with this bait in a manner that would let me work it the way I wanted.  So the bottom line here is there will be more testing with the Reel Scremers.  I really believe they are going to catch fish given the right conditions, so I need to give them the benefit of the doubt and another shot at the bass before I give any judgement on them.

Well folks there you have it, field testing doesn't always go the way you hope.  Weather this time of year in Texas can be really rough on fishermen and really hard to plan a trip too far in advance.  Even so when the weather is right this can be the best time of the year to connect with a Texas Giant so hang in there as I will have more to report in the near future.

Until next time, Tight Lines and Take a Kid Fishing!!!

No comments: