Sunday, December 14, 2014

BBL Clear Creek Tournament Results


All I can say is it was a beautiful morning as we lined up for blast off of the latest Bayou Bassin' League tournament series on Clear Creek.  The weather was perfect in the morn with some cloud cover and warm enough you didn't need a jacket.  The water was in pretty good condition and that is especially true considering what it looked like two weeks ago.

Talking with the guys some people like me were on good fish early while some had to grind out the day to find fish.  There were some folks that never found keeper bass which is not uncommon on these bayous.  We've had days were you can catch 20-30 bass and not one of them make the 14 inch mark.  Also talking with folks there were a wide variety of baits used to catch these fish; from worms to cranks and just about everything in between.  So lets get on to the results.

As you can see from the results the Top 10 was pretty dang tight.  The fish we were catching all seemed to be in the 2 pound class for the most part with the exception of a couple that pushed 4 pounds.  Steven and Lupe had one of those close to 4 pounders to anchor their bag and nail down 1st Place.  We were glad to see them back fishing with us after missing the last tournament.  Well we were glad until the weigh-in that is; Just Kidding!!  Glad to have you back and Congrats on a great bag!!

Ray and Cameron have been hitting the Bayous hard lately practicing and it really showed up yesterday as they weighed in a really good bag of bass for 2nd Place
 
 Now 3rd place was a really tight race as you can see from the weights.  Like I said most of the fish we were catching were good solid bayou bass and that made things tight at the weigh-in.  However one of our Tournament Directors Jake and his teammate Terry were able to get that extra little bit from one of their fish to pull down 3rd.

Well ole Mike and Wade might have only weighed in one fish but hey when you only got one go big and that is what they did to pull in the Big Bass honors.


Dennis and Dwight in 4th must have fought one of their bass too hard making him loose a little weight as they were right there only 1 tenth of an ounce behind 3rd.

.Tyrone and Ryan finished 5th, but they are always in the mix on these Bayou Tournaments and this one wasn't any different as they were right in there chasing 3rd place.

As for me I finished in 8th which is the same place I finished in the last tournament on Clear Creek.  My only problem was the same problem I had the last Clear Creek tournament, no teammate.  I had 4 solid bass but was unable to land that 5th bass and I had number 5 next to the boat three times.  If I'd gotten one of those in well I'd been right there in the hunt for one of those awesome trophies.

Now most guys won't give away their secrets for how they caught their bass.  Sure they may say the caught them on worms or cranks but not which worm or crankbait.  Well I'll tell you I caught all my fish on two baits.  The first bait was the prototype of the Bounty Hunter Outdoor Adventures Thunderslaw from Throw-n-Thunder Lures.  I caught two of my keepers on it and lost what would have been my biggest bass of the day right next to the boat.

The Thunderslaw is going to be a very hot spinnerbait and not only on the bayous.  They will be available for sale in March of 2015 but if you just have to have one now let me know and I'll hook you up with one.

Now the the other bait I caught good fish on and always seem to catch good fish with is a Santone Lures Rayburn Swim Jig.  Let me tell you the Acid Perch color is quickly become my favorite color and as you can see it is basically the same color as the Thunderslaw spinnerbats.  This color is prefect when the bass are feeding on shad in any type of water!!

For those of you interested in fishing some of our Bayou Tournaments you can click on this link for the Bayou Bassin' League website for more information.   You can also go to their Facebook page by clicking here BBL Facebook  to see more pictures and stay up to date on things happening real time.   There are still a lot of great tournaments this fall/winter and we would enjoy having more teams come and try their hand on these bayou bass.

January 17, 2015 - Dickinson Bayou - Dickinson Hw3
February 21, 2015 - Austin Bayou - 2004 Bridge Ramp near Danbury
March 21, 2015 - Buffalo Camp Bayou - Lake Jackson (Launch TBD)
May 16, 2015 - Sabine River - Beaumont Area (Launch TBD)

Before I end this article I have to once more extend thanks to our BBL Sponsors Hook Spit Tackle, Choice Pipeline & Bear's Flooring for Sponsoring the BBL!  Without their help and sponsorship we wouldn't be where we are today.  Hook Spit is allowing the BBL pre-tournament meetings to be held at their store and has also provided store gift card for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place finishes as well as providing gift cards for raffle! Choice Pipeline & Bear's Flooring has stepped up and is provided the trophies for the tournaments this year!



If you are interested in sponsoring the BBL you can contact Jake or Ken on the BBL website or just send me an email at BHOAdventures@gmail.com and I'll put you in touch with them.

Until next time, Tight Lines and Take a Kid Fishing!!!


No comments: