Sunday, December 21, 2014

Dunamis Rods: Breaking The Mold

The fishing Rod:  A tool, a friend, a masterpiece.  A fisherman’s choice in sticks can at times seem to be a daunting task.  What company sells the best “spinner bait” rod?  Where can I find the best “cranking rod” on the market?  Is it going to play into my favor to buy the “jigging rod” that KVD recommends?  These are questions that I have not only asked myself, but have used to make fairly hefty financial decisions, given the price of gear these days.  Especially considering the demographics of most of us anglers who don’t happen to fish the Bassmaster Elite Series just yet.  Having been through the expensive gauntlet of fishing gear acquisitions, experimentation and buyer’s remorse, I knew there had to be a better way.  That’s when a new concept was introduced to me by Josh Phillips, founder of Dunamis Rods. The result of long conversation and theoretical debate, has truly revolutionized the way I look at the materialistic aspect of fishing completely.  What if… Seriously, think this through in its entirety.  What if there is no “spinner bait rod?”  What if there is no “cranking rod?”  What if the “jigging rod” that KVD uses, markets, and happens to get paid to promote, isn’t the right “jigging rod” for YOU?

  Dunamis Rod’s approaches the angler from a different perspective.  While big label companies will sell you the cookie cutter rod that they can mass produce and market well, Dunamis Rods is hard at work trying to salvage the individuality of the angler, and his/her needs.  The first rod I personally bought from Dunamis was a “drop-shot rod.”  The difference however, is that this particular rod was MY “drop-shot rod.”  Allow me to explain.  A very popular retailer, for example, tells us that a “drop-shot rod” is a 6’ 9” rod with a medium lite power.  I had used this particular rod for over a year.  Please, don’t get me wrong, this company makes a fine line of rods, and nothing should be taken away from that in this article.  That being said, however, I soon found out that I was robbing myself of a rod that could better suit me and the way that I fish.  Josh and I talked about my fishing, my style, my weaknesses, and my strengths.  We threw all of this data into the Dunamis cauldron of amazingness, and then we devised a plan.  Josh took this information, put his hands to work, and developed a new rod.  MY rod.  By the time it was all said and done, I had in my hands a Dunamis creation that I have since fell in love with.  I now have a “drop-shot rod” that is 6’6” and is a true medium.  It also happens to have an extra fast action tip to compensate for MY overzealous hook sets.  Another fine tweak we made was we moved the eyes of the rod much further up than anything you’d see on a typical rod.  The final product ended up compensating for my weaknesses and capitalizing on my strengths.  I’ve never felt more in tune with a piece of equipment before.

  The moral of my story is this.  YOU are not the same as any other angler.  YOU are YOU.  The fishing market has become more efficient by defining things for us.  However, in the grand scheme of things, not every rod marketed in every category is going to bring out the best performance in YOU.  We are not soft plastic lures, so please don’t try to mold us, eh?  Give Josh a call, discuss your interests, fishing and overall needs like I did.  You will be incredibly grateful you did.  Worst case scenario, you will end up with a great friend in the fishing industry.  Best case, you will find yourself in possession of the finest rod you’ve ever owned.  Josh at Dunamis guarantees this for life!  Join the fishing revolution at DunamisRods.Com.

David Hume 

Twitter: @humeprobass

Facebook: David Hume Bass Fishing

1 comment:

Micheal Alexander said...

Thanks for this. I really like what you've posted here and wish you the best of luck with this blog and thanks for sharing. Find a buyer for my used boat