Saturday, June 28, 2014

Some Things Never Change

In a few hours I'll be launching the boat to fish a tournament with my son, on very little sleep.  This isn't new, I've had problems sleeping before tournaments since the first one I fished.  It seems I just can't turn off my brain so I can fall asleep.  I'm either going over everything to make sure I haven't forgotten something or thinking about the game plan for the tournament.  What ever it is, I can't turn it off. 

This wasn't a big deal back in my 20s, but now that I'm over the big 50 it really wears on me by the end of a hard day or two fishing.  Sure I'll sleep really good when I get home, but I will be hurting before it is all said and done.  I might understand it a little more if it was the Bass Master's Classic was going to be fishing in the morning, but that is far from the case.  So I'll have to deal with it one more time and try and make it through and catch enough bass to be in the money.

Wish me Luck!!!

How am I loaded to start the tournament in the morning?
1. Quantum KVD with flippin switch 

    Castaway 7'6" Pitchin Stick 
    1/2oz Santone Lures Rattlin Jig in watermelon red flake with a white curly tail grub.
 

2. Quantum Smoke
    All Star 7'2" Jigging Stick 
    5/16 Santone Lures Rayburn Swim Jig in white shadow with a chartreuse curly tail grub.
 

3. Quantum Smoke, 
    Diaiwa 7' Worm Rod 
    1/8 Santone Lures Piglet Football with a Kicker Fish Saltwater Shadstick in pearl/chartreuse tail.
 

4. H2O Express Mettle
    Diaiwa 6'6" casting rod 
    White spinnerbait with two willow blades, 1 silver and 1 gold. with a chartreuse curly tail.

No comments: