Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Better by Morning

The ole back feels much better this morning so I'm not as concerned about fishing the tournament this coming weekend.  I'll take it really easy the rest of the week and spread out my normal tournament preparations over a few days.

I've got very high hopes that the ticket this weekend will be the new Santone jigs.  I just haven't decided on the trailers for them as yet.  Want something with some action to them but nothing too big.  The bass seem to prefer a  baits on the small size right now and I think that is because the are gorging themselves on the millions of shad in the bayou.  So if you put a smaller snack in front of their face they will take it.

We have one spot that has produced some good fish, but my worries is we aren't the only ones that know about the spot.  The ole Cajun bass boat is a great boat for the bayous but it isn't the fastest boat out there.  We really need to draw a good starting position this weekend and hope we can hold off the faster boat so our spot.  There is more luck needed than just catching bass with fishing tournaments.  Lucky I have my son as a fishing partner as he always seems to put a good bass or two in the live well and we will need it. 

With the weather forecast we have the next few days the water in the bayou will likely be muddy or worse that tea color.  This and all the shad will make the fishing tough so 2-3 keepers might just win this tournament and I have high hopes if all goes as planned we will have at least 2-3 keepers.

I'll keep you up-to-date as we get closer to tournament day.

No comments: