Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Ready to Fish Anytime!!!

I just received a Flip Reel by Squiddies and let me tell you my first reaction is Awesome with a capital A!!  You never have to be without a means of fishing anymore.  I mean how many times have you been out and see a spot that looks fishy but you don't have a rod along with you?  If you are anything like me then it happens a lot, but for me not anymore.   This thing will tuck easily out of the way in my truck.  Heck if I have to go on a business trip it will tuck in my carry on bag and should pass through TSA security with no problems.  I know I've stayed a lot of hotels that have ponds or lakes on the property and I'm stuck without a means to try my luck, well never again.  The back of the package points out a lot of the features that come on the Flip Reel and the side of the package contains some very clear and easy directions on how to cast the reel. 


Once I opened the package I was really impressed with the construction and even the feel of this reel.   I've done some hand fishing in the past and never had anything like this before.  Hey this would have been great in my schoolboy days when I ran around with a short stick in my pocket that had line, a bobber and a hook wrapped around it.   No more sticks for this guy and hey the package even includes a hook, sinker and swivel.
The reel itself is made from a hard plastic with an infused rubber outer bell that flips back to safely cover your line and tackle when not in use.   When you are ready to fish then you flip the rubber bell out and you have a very castable looking reel.  The directions does say to wet the bell before casting and I understand why as the rubber is very tacky.  That tacky rubber serves a good purpose as it will keep your reel from sliding all over the place and hey if you are fishing you shouldn't have problems wetting the reel, right.
Needless to say I'm a little impressed by this thing and I believe there are a lot of other folks out there that will be impressed also.  You can always have a reel to fish handy with the Flip Reel, so hey you backpackers and survivalist this thing is right up your alley.  It is actually right up the alley of anyone that wants a convenient and stow-able fishing capability.  I know you are asking if this little hand reel can really catch fish, well the answer is yes and it is pretty easy after you get use to using this reel.  In fact here is a video of me taking this reel to my favorite catfish hole for a field test.


 As you saw in the video this thing can really cast pretty good and I'm sure with a little more practice I'd be able to cast it even further.  I hope to get it out when the weather cools down her in Texas for a little bass fishing so there will be more videos to come.  Until then here is the link where you can get more information on the Flip Reel.  Squiddies Flip Reel

Until next time, Tight Lines and Take a Kid Fishing!!!

You can also Follow me on
Twitter - @BHOAdventures
FaceBook - Bounty Hunter Outdoor Adventures
YouTube - Bounty Hunter Outdoor Adventures

Also Checkout the great folks that help make my fishing adventure possible and the tackle I use and trust.
Santone Lures
Throw-n-Thunder
Creme Lures
Dunamis Rods
Liquid Mayhem Fish Attractants
 



No comments: