Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Killer Texas Bassin' Combos

Now why do I call these Killer Texas Bassin' Combos?  Easy answer is they really do kill the bass and they are combos made up of Santone Lures of Mt. Pleasant, TX and Creme Lures of Tyler, TX.  Also let me tell you that not only are these bass catching combos here in the Lone Star State they will catch bass anywhere they swim!!!  So where do I start as there are more then one of these combos.  Well I guess I have to start with my favorite and the combo I used to win that tournament back in January.

Santone Lures Rattlin' Jig and Creme Lures ST Beaver (Badd Bugg)
Now this is a very simple combo that is truly affective on those big ole hawg mommas.  You just take your favorite colors of each and mate them together to get a match made in heaven!!!
This combo can be affective anytime of the year that you find bass feeding on crawfish.  Now I do have to say don't for get the Liquid Mayhem Crawfish and soon to be out Garlic Crawfish or Crawlic.  I also have to warn you to keep a tight grip on your rod because when they hit this they really hit it hard!!!

Santone Lures Rattlin' Jig and Creme Lures ST Craw
Now when I still want to be fishing a jig but I'm looking for something with a little smaller profile then I go with this combo.   Now I do prepare the jig by cutting off the back of the skirt so that it is even with the back of the hook.
Trimming the skirt does two things for you, first it makes the bait appear smaller and two it actually gives the bait more action.   Once more don't forget to put on some Liquid Mayhem and hold on to your rod.

Santone Lures Rayburn Swim Jig and Creme Lures Reel Scremer
Folks I will say right now that this combo is my go-to bait a lot of days.  Heck there hasn't yet been a body of water that I have fished that this combo hasn't caught fish.  Again this is a simple combo to put together.
This combo is very versatile as it can be fished many different method.  Two of my favorites are slow rolling it down a weed line and a medium speed retrieve while twitching the tip of the rod.  It is also very affective in lay down timber and brush.  Heck I can't think of many types of structure that you can't fish this combo.  Once more don't forget the Liquid Mayhem but the Garlic Minnow is my favorite flavor with this combo.  Also once more keep a tight grip on your rod!!

Santone Lures Wobble Hawg and Creme Lures ST Beaver (Badd Bugg)
There are times when the bass just won't hit a jig and I really hated those times but not anymore.  That is because I've found when I know there are bass there and they won't hit a jig, 9 out of 10 times they will hammer this combo.
This combo changes up the action of the bait over a jig and there are time that action is what is needed to get bass to strike.  You really have to see this thing in action as it really does look awesome in the water.  I know I sound like a broken record, but don't forget that Liquid Mayhem Crawfish and hold onto your rod.

Santone Lures Football Piglet and Creme Lures ST Craw
Sometimes when the bass won't hit a jig it is because the jig is bigger than the crawfish they are feeding on. Don't worry this combo has that covered.
With the Football Piglet you can make that ST Craw shake and dance while sitting stationary on the bottom to give that bass something he just has to eat.   Fish this on your finesse rod and you really open up all kinds of new structure like skipping it under docks.   Hey you know what I'm going to say, don't forget the Liquid Mayhem!

Santone Lures Texas Finesse Jig and Creme Lures Scoundrel Worm
This combo gives you another option in your finesse fishing tactics.  You can fish this as you would a shaky head but the skirted jig gives you some added action that will cause strikes.
I've had some big ole bass come out from under docks and out of deep brush piles when using this bait.   Also you can fish it more aggressively than a shaky head, in fact play with your retrieve and find out what the bass want.  Yes I'm going to say it again, don't forget the Liquid Mayhem.

Santone Lures Football Piglet and Creme Lures Scoundrel Worm
On those days when the bass are really being tough then this is the combo you need to be fishing.
With the flat edge of the Football Piglet and the floating qualities of the Scoundrel Worm you can tease just about any bass into biting.   Work it really slow and make it wiggle that floating tail until it drives the bass insane and they have to hit it.  When the bite is that tough you don't want to take the chance of a bass hitting and spiting out your bait because it has a bad taste.  That is why it is so very important that you do not forget the Liquid Mayhem when you are finesse fishing.  You work hard for that bite, make sure the bass will hold onto your bait once they hit.

Folks these are just some of my favorite Texas Combos.  With the great baits from Santone Lures and Creme Lures there are really endless combos you can try.  Hey there might be a combo you come up with that even I haven't thought of trying.  You really owe it to yourself to give these baits a try as they will put more bass in the boat, well they will if you don't forget the Liquid Mayhem!!!

Until next time, Tight Lines and Take a Kid Fishing!!!

You can also Follow me on
Twitter - @BHOAdventures
FaceBook - Bounty Hunter Outdoor Adventures
YouTube - Bounty Hunter Outdoor Adventures

Also Checkout the great folks that help make my fishing adventure possible and the tackle I use and trust.
Santone Lures
Throw-n-Thunder
Creme Lures
Dunamis Rods
Liquid Mayhem Fish Attractants

No comments: